Rolling, rolling, rolling.....

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Credit: deardaisycottage.typepad.com




It's summertime
and everyone has brought their
garden's flowers inside
and made a bouquet or two, right?

But how many of you
have a bouquet
of rolling pins?


Oh, the stories
they could tell...
the kitchens they've been in...
the pies they've made!

Gives all new meaning
to the phrase
"rollin' in the dough",
right?


Credit: mysanantonio.com





Credit: teenytinycabin.blogspot.com


Credit: www.keepsake-corner.com/category.aspx?id=Kitchenware)

Love all the colors
and shapes of the handles.

Do you have a collection
of vintage kitchen utensils too?

3 comments:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

No, I don't! I do have my Grandmother's meat grinder, it has to be over 100 years old. Other than that, nada:( Love these pics! XO, Pinky

Janet, said...

I love vintage kitchen utensils and have lots. I also have a collection of rolling pins. I love them, especially the two that my son made me, the one my aunt gave me (she'd had it since she got married in the late 1940s) and the one Mom gave me after I got married (it was hers and it looks as if it was hand carved)I used it for many years until my son made one for me.

Lois said...

I've got an assortment of vintage cooking implements, 2 big rolling pins, (one has a glass roller--keeps cool for pastry) a small rolling pin, 2 meat grinders, a grain grinder, the original solution to a mandoline (don't remember what its called) Pyrex casserole and butter dishes, plus Pyrex and Fire King pieplates. I love them all but I'm glad I have a food processor to make chutney so I don't have to use the meat grinder

Post a Comment